There are many Cape Town wine farms, but what are some of the best ones? Before you make a trip to Cape Town, you should know about the top wine farms. With that said, below are the top five Cape Town wine farms you should visit.
1. Steenberg Vineyards- The vineyard is located in Constantia, and on the estate there is a manor house, as well as various other buildings. Asides from visiting the vineyard, you can stay at the hotel that is on the estate and play a few rounds of golf on the course. Let’s not forget to mention there is a spa on the site, and you will love it. As for wines you can find there, you’ll be able to enjoy wines such as Blanc, Shiraz and Merlot to name a few.
2. Cape Point Vineyards– This vineyard is one of the most well-known vineyards in Cape Town, and it is an award winning winery. It is equipped with a wedding and function venue, which makes it a great place to have a wedding. Premium wines are made at the vineyard, and you can enjoy some of the wines they offer at the Cape Point Vineyards Restaurant, which offers you amazing views of the surrounding area. Also, you can take a nice picnic while here, so if you’re looking for one of the best wine farms in Cape Town, then look no further than Cape Point Vineyards.
3. Vergelegen– If you’re looking for an amazing wine farm to visit, then make sure to pay a visit to Vergelegen, which is home to the Cape Dutch manor house. There are a number of gorgeous gardens you can walk through, and let’s not forget to mention you can take a tour of the cellar, as well as taste a few wines that are considered to be the best in the world. After you have tasted the wine, make sure you head to Camphors restaurant for lunch, but be prepared to spend a lot of time at Vergelegen because you can easily spend an entire morning or afternoon there.
4. La Motte– Another good wine farm that you should visit is La Motte, which is located in the center of the Cape Winelands, and many people consider this farm to be the best one in all of the area. The farm is home to an amazing restaurant, and you’ll have the chance to try wines such as Chardonnays and Shirazes. There are various events that take place here throughout the year, so before you go, make sure you find out if there’s a concert going on, wine tasting event or another interesting event you’ll want to go to.
5. Skilpadvlei Wine Estate- The last farm to make the list is the Skilpadvlei Wine Estate, which is where you’ll taste wines such as Chenin Blanc, Skilpaddop Rose and Skilpaddop Red to name a few. Don’t worry about finding a place to stay because the estate has B&B rooms available, as well as cottages, and don’t forget to dine at the restaurant. Also, the restaurant is child-friendly, so feel free to bring your entire family to the restaurant, but make sure you take a look around the estate because you will love all that it has to offer.
As previously mentioned, there are many wine farms in Cape Town. However, the top five Cape Town wine farms are the ones discussed above. If you have never been to Cape Town and you are a fan of wine, then make sure you visit at least some of the wine farms discussed in this article.